ABOUT OUR COMPANY
In 1956, Fraley Excavating, Inc., then named Glenn W. Fraley Excavating was formed when recently wed Glenn Fraley, with his love of earthmoving equipment and desire for entrepreneurship, risked it all to begin a local residential excavating business. Seeking a better life with the encouragement and support of his nervous new bride, he started his company equipped with their only vehicle, a Chevrolet coupe, his recently purchased backhoe, and the heavy equipment operating skill he acquired while serving in the Army during the Korean conflict. Times were tough.
In 1957 and 1964, respectively, sons Steve and Brent came along. They grew up in the family business alongside their tenacious and hardworking father. His highest working principles and standards are still paramount to the company’s success today. The young sons worked in all capacities as the years went by. They dug trenches, operated heavy equipment, and grew to learn and perform operational and administrative duties. The company was incorporated in 1979 and became Glenn W. Fraley and Sons Excavating, Inc. The local residential excavating, underground utility services, and site development work continued. The company’s growth was steady albeit some lean years.
In 2003, Brent left the family business to pursue his passion for commercial construction management.
Steve continued his diligent work within the company and today serves as our president. Our father models the highest working principles and company standards established long ago. He and our dedicated employees have labored to continue growing the company and evolve the scope of work under his leadership.
And now, 65 years from its founding, we proudly work with them in our roles at the regional and multi-faceted business: an excavating, site development, and aggregate production company serving the residential, industrial, and commercial industries - Fraley Excavating, Inc.
Together…… may we continue our grandfather’s legacy.
Glenn W. Fraley
This was Glenn Fraley's (pictured above) first brand new bulldozer he purchased with the company: 1970 CAT D4D.